CALL FOR ABSTRACTS
Submit an abstract.
Participants interested in presenting data should submit abstracts here by 18 February 2010.
Abstracts are subject to acceptance by the Scientific Committee. Once accepted, abstracts will be published in a supplement of Annals of Oncology and scheduled for oral or poster presentation. Acceptance notifications and guidelines for poster presentation will be sent on 5 April 2010. Authors of accepted abstracts who have not registered will have until 29 April 2010 to do so at the rate of €565. After this date, abstracts without registered presenters will be disregarded and not included in
Abstracts will be accepted in the following categories, and the author should indicate it as either BASIC or CLINICAL by checking the appropriate box in the online submission system:
- Colon Cancer
- Esophageal Cancer
- Gastric Cancer
- Liver Cancer
- Pancreatic Cancer
- Rectal Cancer
- Follow the online instructions
- Abstracts must be written in English
- The submitted work must not, nor will not have been: published in any journal, or on any website before 30 June 2010, nor, presented at any national or international scientific conference prior to 30 June 2010
- Accepted format: Word document format, 9 point Arial font, 500 word count limit
- Use a concise title
- List affiliations of author(s) as briefly as possible, with city, province and country
- Use standard and well-accepted abbreviations
- When using references, use standard and well-accepted formats
- Abstract content should be single-spaced and typed in lower case
- Abstracts shall be of original research and contain a concise statement of study aim
- Please include and indicate in bold the following four (4) parts of your abstract: Background, Method, Results, and Conclusion(s). Conclusions must be supported by your results and summarized within your abstract at the time of submission. Results “to be completed” and/or conclusions “to be discussed” are not acceptable.
Important Abstract Dates
|Abstract Submission Deadline
18 February 2010
|Abstract Notifications Mailed
5 April 2010
|Abstract Presenter Registration Deadline
29 April 2010
30 June – 3 July 2010
Developing Nations Travel Awards
A limited number of travel awards are available for investigators from developing nations. Awards are available to investigators from the countries indicated in the 2009 World Bank List of Economies as Low-Income or Lower Middle Income Economies. The complete list can be found at http://web.worldbank.org.
These awards will consist of Congress registration and a check for ˆ1500 to cover airfare and hotel, given to the recipient at the Congress. Airfare can be purchased by Imedex and deducted from this amount, if needed. If you have questions about this information, please contact Imedex.
How to Apply for Developing Nations Travel Awards:
- The candidate must be the first author of the submitted abstract
- The work must not have been presented or published before the date of the 12th World Congress on Gastrointestinal Cancer.
- The candidate must submit an abstract to the 12th World Congress on Gastrointestinal Cancer in the usual manner, indicating that the abstract is to be considered for the Developing Nations Award.
- Abstracts must be submitted on schedule.
- Candidates should submit:
- An extended abstract
- A Curriculum Vitae
- A 1-3 page description of their interests and current research in gastrointestinal cancer signed and approved by their department chair.
- Please send information to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Educational Committee will select the award winners on the basis of the scientific content of the abstract. Winners will be notified in April 2010.