Instructions to Submitters
- To submit your abstract, please click the "Submit Abstract" button.
- Every user MUST begin by creating a new account in the abstract system.
- Ensure all email addresses are correct.
- To upload files or graphics, please do so on the upload page.
- If you need technical or association assistance, please use the email support form on each page.
- Once you are complete, please click on ‘finalize submission’ on the final page to complete your submission.
- Revisit the site as often as necessary to complete your submission.
- The back and forward browser arrows have been disabled; please use the menu progress bar at the top right hand corner of the pages to return to previous pages.
- Users must use the following browsers: Internet Explorer 8+, Mozilla Firefox 4+, Safari 5+, Chrome 14+, Opera 11.5+
- Note on email communications: Please add @owpm.net as a safe sender in your email program. If you do not do this, your email spam filter may prevent you from receiving important emails regarding your submission(s).
Participants interested in presenting data should submit abstracts online by 20 March 2017. Abstracts are subject to acceptance by the Scientific Committee. Once accepted, abstracts will be published in a supplement of Annals of Oncology and scheduled for oral or poster presentation. Acceptance notifications and guidelines for poster presentation will be sent on 21 April 2017. Authors of accepted abstracts who have not registered will have until 18 May 2017 to do so at the early registration rate. After this date, abstracts without registered presenters will be disregarded and not included in the publication.
Abstracts will be accepted in the following categories, and the author should indicate it as either BASIC or CLINICAL by checking the appropriate box in the online submission system:
- Colon Cancer
- Esophageal Cancer
- Gastric Cancer
- Liver Cancer
- Pancreatic Cancer
- Rectal Cancer
Trials in Progress Abstract Submissions
The ESMO 19th World Congress on Gastrointestinal Cancer is now accepting Trials in Progress abstract submissions in all phases of clinical research (phase I to phase III). All abstracts submitted as Trials in Progress are ongoing trials that have not reached any protocol-specific endpoint for analysis and will only require the completion of two sections: Background and Trial Design. It is a requirement that recruitment must have already begun or have been completed by the abstract submission deadline.
- Follow the online instructions
- Abstracts must be written in English
- The submitted work must not, nor will not have been:
- published in any journal, or on any web site before 28 June 2017, nor
- presented at any national or international scientific conference prior to 28 June 2017
- Accepted format: Word document format, 9 point Arial font, 500 word count limit
- Use a concise title
- List affiliations of author(s) as briefly as possible, with city, province/state and country
- Use standard and well-accepted abbreviations
- When using references, use standard and well-accepted formats
- Abstract content should be single-spaced and typed in lower case
- Abstracts shall be of original research and contain a concise statement of study aim
- Please include and indicate in bold the following four (4) parts of your abstract: Background, Method, Results, and Conclusion(s). Conclusions must be supported by your results and summarized within your abstract at the time of submission. Results “to be completed” and/or conclusions “to be discussed” are not acceptable.
- You may upload one associated file or graphic as a Jpeg only that is no larger than 5mb. The text in this graphic upload will not be counted towards the total count for the abstract body.
Developing Nations Travel Awards
A limited number of travel awards are available for investigators from developing nations. Awards are available to investigators from the countries indicated in the 2016 World Bank List of Economies as Low-Income or Lower Middle Income Economies. The complete list can be found at web.worldbank.org.
These awards will consist of Congress registration and a grant in the amount of €2000 to cover airfare and hotel, given to the recipient at the Congress. Airfare and hotel will be arranged by Imedex, LLC for the Grant Recipient. Airfare can be purchased by Imedex and deducted from this amount, if needed. If you have questions about this information, please contact Imedex.
How to Apply for Developing Nations Travel Awards:
- The candidate must submit an abstract to the ESMO 19th World Congress on Gastrointestinal Cancer in the usual manner, indicating that the abstract is to be considered for the Developing Nations Award
- The candidate must be the first author of the submitted abstract
- The work must not have been presented or published before the date of the ESMO 19th World Congress on Gastrointestinal Cancer
- Abstracts must be submitted on schedule
- Candidates should submit:
- An extended abstract
- A Curriculum Vitae
- A 1-3 page description of their interests and current research in gastrointestinal cancer signed and approved by their department chair
The Scientific Committee will select the award winners on the basis of the scientific content of the abstract. Winners will be notified in April 2017. No additional grants are offered by the Congress.
Late-Breaking Abstract Submissions
The Congress late-breaking policy allows the submission of late-breaking abstracts that include results of phase III studies or potentially practice-changing results for which no preliminary data are available at the time of the abstract submission deadline.
An abstract template should be submitted by the extended abstract deadline (20 March). The template should include: title, author list, and a description of the study. A final abstract version must be submitted by 31 May and will be published in a supplement of the Annals of Oncology. Once the final version is available please email firstname.lastname@example.org so we can provide you with late-breaking abstract submission instructions.
Changes to Abstracts
You may change your abstract even after finalizing up until the extended submission deadline of 20 March 2017, 11:59 PM EST. Once the submission site has closed, changes to abstracts will be accepted until 1 May 2017, Midnight EST. Please contact email@example.com for additional instructions on making changes to your abstract. After 1 May 2017, abstracts may not be changed.
Important Abstract Date
|Abstract Submission Deadline||20 March 2017 at 11:59 PM EST|
|Abstract Notifications Mailed||21 Apr 2017|
|Abstract Presenter Registration Deadline||18 May 2017|
|Late-Breaking Abstract Deadline||31 May 2017|